Conditions for annulment of marriage contract in Saudi Arabia
Conditions for Annulment of Marriage Contract in Saudi Arabia via Muheet Website Termination of marriage contract is one of the rights of the parties in the marriage contract, and in some known cases defined by Sharia, the state of annulment is subject to certain controls and conditions studied in this topic, and through this article we will learn about conditions for the annulment of a marriage contract in Saudi Arabia.
Reasons for annulment of the marriage contract
There are many reasons that are expected to lead to the annulment of a marriage contract and it is not possible to identify or resolve all of them, but in general these reasons are as follows:
- The marriage contract is annulled if there is a satisfactory reason that prevents the husband from having a marital relationship with his wife.
- If one of the parties is not capable of assuming marital obligations regarding alimony or other matters.
- In case the wife does not fully accept her husband and is afraid of establishing the boundaries of God.
- If the husband insults the wife, mentally or physically.
- The contract is also terminated in the event that the husband starts abusing drugs or drinking alcohol, as this is contrary to Sharia controls.
- In case one of the spouses leaves Islam.
- Spouses must seek annulment of the marriage contract while there is a problem with the other party that was hidden when the contract was drawn up between them, and once that problem is proven in one of them, then the contract can be annulled.
- When the husband leaves the wife for a long time without reason, then the wife has the right to ask for annulment or divorce.
- In case the husband marries one of his mahrams, such as his foster mother, then it is allowed to cancel the contract.
Conditions for annulment of marriage contract in Saudi Arabia
Below, we will shed light on the conditions for terminating a marriage contract in Saudi Arabia in detail:
- In order for a husband or wife to request the termination of the marriage contract, there must be one of the reasons listed above.
- There must be other reasons that determine the necessity of annulment of the marriage contract, otherwise the husband or wife may not demand the termination of the contract without the existence of these reasons, and after that the judge to whom the case was submitted decides. shown, in order to determine whether this reason requires termination of the contract or not.
See also: Custody of girls in Saudi Arabia in 2023 law
When does a judge have the right to annul a marriage without consideration?
The judge is authorized to annul the marriage without consideration in the following cases:
- When the husband has a sick problem that prevents him from consummating the marital relationship with his wife.
- When a woman hates her husband and changes her feelings towards him by not being able to establish a marital relationship with him.
- In case the husband insults the wife, whether he beats her or verbally attacks her.
- When a husband oppresses his wife and locks her in the house for a long time.
- In the event that it is proven that the husband abuses narcotic substances and drinks alcohol, because this violates Sharia controls.
Dissolution of marriage due to desertion
- Abandonment is one of the reasons that lead to great damage to the wife in particular, and to both spouses in general.
- If the husband without rights or without any real and proven reasons leaves the wife for a long time, in that case she has the right to demand a divorce or annul the marriage contract without demanding the return of compensation, while the husband must take care of alimony and the legal waiting period, considering that that the abandonment of Damage may fall on a woman.
- In the event that a husband leaves his wife for a long time, for proven real reasons that do not contradict Islamic law, customs and traditions, such as the desire to work for a living, or seeking knowledge, etc., in this case it is not considered by desertion, the wife also has the right to cede and support her husband.
See also: Decision to marry with intent to divorce in four schools of thought
Termination of the marriage contract due to treason
- In the event that the wife wants to annul the marriage contract due to marital infidelity on the part of the husband, she must provide evidence that confirms the sincerity of the infidelity, namely: witnesses or other evidence that confirms the validity of what she says.
Termination of the marriage contract by the wife after consummation
- Dissolution of the marriage contract after consummation in most cases, in which the compensation is subject to the wife, so that the consummation has occurred, while the value of this compensation varies depending on the case, because the matter is left to the judge and he will determine it.
Termination of the marriage contract by the wife is complete
The services and methods of canceling the electronic marriage contract are among the most prominent services provided by the Ministry of Justice, within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, through the Najiz online platform, which offers many services, except the way to cancel the electronic marriage. The steps to cancel the contract through the Najiz platform are as follows:
- Enter the official website of the Ministry of Justice of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Log in to the Najez platform via the following link from here.
- Enter your username and password, the visible code displayed in front of you and register your phone number.
- Click on login and a confirmation code will be sent to your phone via text message.
- Type this code in the temporary password field, then click on the word Continue.
- From here you will be redirected to the applicant’s email page. You must enter your e-mail address on this page.
- Click on continue and you will now be redirected to the main Banajez page from which you can choose electronic services.
- Select the word courts, then click on the case list.
- Click on New Request and then select Request Classification.
- Selection of personal status court.
- Next, click on the Joined Actions category, and from here select the Marriage and Class Actions selection.
- Select Annulment of Marriage in the Claim Category field, click Lien, then click Next
- Enter all information related to the plaintiff, and fill in the blank fields containing personal information.
- Enter all information about the defendant.
- You will then select Court, then select Principal if the data registrant is the applicant or select Agent if you are a non-applicant.
- Fill in the field related to the reasons for the annulment of the marriage contract.
- Enter your requests for the annulment of the contract, and from here register all the documents, papers and data that support your legal status and prove the reasons for the annulment of the marriage contract.
- Finally, submit your application.
See also: File a tunnel for a tunnel in Saudi Arabia
This is how we came to the end of our article after getting acquainted with the conditions for annulment of a marriage contract in Saudi Arabia, and we also answered the question of when a judge has the right to annul a marriage without compensation.