How to get a Saudi marriage license from a non-resident foreigner.. What are the requirements for a Saudi marriage with a foreigner?
Recently, the Kingdom has witnessed a great openness to all countries of the world, and the fabric of Saudi society contains many nationalities, so it was necessary to establish a system of marrying foreigners and provide ways to obtain a Saudi marriage license for a non-resident foreigner, since the Ministry of Interior ensures that through the Absher as you care platforms, consulates and public relations offices facilitate and complete these steps.
Saudi marriage with a foreign citizen
The Ministry of Interior passed laws regulating the marriage of Saudi men with foreign women due to the large number of this phenomenon. All conditions required by both parties must be met before marriage, except for the necessity of obtaining a Saudi license for the marriage of a non-resident or resident foreigner. Marriage is possible for all nationalities except Chad, Bangladeshis and Burmese. Due to the problems that have arisen as a result of these marriages, some government workers in certain sensitive sectors are prevented from marrying foreign women, such as the judiciary, diplomacy and the military, the ministry has also made it possible to apply through the Absher platform to facilitate and reduce the time and effort.
How to get a free 5G key with any stc Saudi postpaid package
Health Insurance Council Ask about health insurance for expats
Conditions for a Saudi marriage with a foreign national
It is necessary to comply with a number of conditions in order to avoid liability and punishment, before applying for a Saudi license to marry a foreigner:
- The age of the man was from 25 to 71 years.
- The age of foreign women is not younger than 18 years.
- The method used in marriage is in accordance with Islamic law.
- Submit health certificates confirming that the spouses are free from diseases that could harm the marriage.
- The person must not be one of the groups that are prohibited from marrying a foreigner, such as ministers or soldiers.
- The existence of an apartment owned by the husband, and his salary is not less than 3000 Saudi Riyals.
- Marriage proceedings must be completed in Saudi courts.
- The applicant shall present a valid Saudi ID.
- The resident submits the birth certificate issued by the newborn, which is done in coordination with Saudi Civil Affairs.
- A foreign woman does not have a criminal record because she must be free of any legal violations.
- Get a documented license to avoid being fined 100,000 Riyals.
- In case of divorce, at least 6 months must pass before the next marriage.
- In case the foreigner is divorced or widowed, proof of this must be submitted.
Also read: Conditions and method for a Saudi woman to marry a foreigner who does not reside in Saudi Arabia, in steps
Conditions for a Saudi marriage with a foreigner
It also allows a Saudi man to marry a non-resident woman, but under different conditions. Also at that time, it is necessary to obtain a Saudi marriage license for a non-resident woman through a consulate in a foreign country and an Emirate office, and the conditions to be followed are:
Inquire about exit and re-entry visas with residency numbers from Saudi passports
Urgently, Aramco announces an increase in the price of diesel in Saudi Arabia for the month of January 2023. Find out the new price of a liter of diesel
- The Saudi marriage age ranges between 30 and 70, but there is an exception to the age requirement if the bride is a first cousin of the suitor’s cousin or the daughter of a maternal uncle, as the relationship is proven by a kinship document that allows him to marry at the age of twenty five (25) years.
- An exception to the minimum age is in the event that a man is divorced, his wife has died, he has any disability or an established illness, and it is necessary to submit documents proving the man’s health and social status.
- The computer record must be submitted to the agency of the Ministry of the Interior for status.
- Definition of the applicant’s employer containing all his details, including job title, salary and total salary value. An employee in the private sector relies on the definition through Saudi Social Security.
- Ensure that this man does not occupy a sensitive position in government institutions.
- The applicant is a resident of the emirate to which he is applying, and this can be proven by identification from the workplace or proof from the neighborhood.
- In case of divorce, the man does not propose marriage before 6 months.
- The applicant comes to the emirate to fill in the form with the Personal Status Officer.
- A copy of the applicant’s identity card and family card.
- There is no wife in the applicant’s family, and if he is married, he must bring a medical report from the state hospital proving his wife’s injury or her inability to conceive or live together.
Issuance of a Saudi marriage license by a resident foreigner
You can obtain a Saudi marriage license for a non-resident foreigner electronically through the Absher platform by following these steps:
- From here, open the Absher platform.
- Click on members.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on Services.
- Select Messages and requests.
- Choose your place of residence.
- Select a service name.
- Subject author and add a message.
- Load attachments, their titles and various documents.
- Fill out the online form and then click Submit.
- In case you don’t want to apply online, you can go to the Emirates office and apply there, and then document it with the police and the court.
Follow us: the conditions of a Saudi marriage with a foreigner and how to officially document the marriage
How long does it take to get a marriage license?
Saudi Public Safety Conditions
Urgently, Saudi Arabia announces new holidays for all students, which will last 4 days and start on this date
If the fiancee resides within the Kingdom, the transactions last only one day, but if the fiancee does not have a residence, i.e. outside the Kingdom, the procedures last 44 days until the court completes them.
What is the penalty for not showing the marriage contract?
The responsibility for the documentation lies with the husband, and the fine is 50 rials for each year of delay. The calculation of the delay starts from the elapse of 60 days from the day of the wedding.
Read also: Method and conditions for renewing a Saudi passport
Large Saudi companies publish vacancies for men and women in numerous specializations, with attractive salaries. Click here to apply
Query about the identity of the resident by name and surname
Read also: How to pay the penalty for delaying the renewal of Saudi residency, in steps
Read also: Vacancies are offered by the Aster Foundation in the Government of Oman
Amman’s largest hotel offers high-paying jobs for all ages and nationalities
High Paying Jobs in UAE from Parsons for Residents and Citizens
Join our Telegram channel